The Mike Norris Project

Monday, December 27, 2010 3:01 PM Posted by ckscribbles
A few weeks ago Eddy and I got asked to make our good friend, Mikes, album covers for his new single. He knew he wanted a sewn case and a screen printed image but he wasn't sure of what or how. So he picked up some fabric and said he was just going to staple it, I convinced him to not be silly and I would sew them. An easy peasy task! after I finished the cases I took them over to eddys house so he could see the size and make a stencil. It all worked out pretty fabulous if you ask me!
Mike Norris Project
The stencil in the early stages
Mike Norris Project
The stencil with the cases
Mike Norris Project
Just getting started, we both stenciled a bit!
Mike Norris Project
we used ann types of stenciling tools. mostly a sponge brush but i remembered that when im like first grade we did a sponge paint job with balled up plastic bags. we were going for an almost distressed look and it worked really well. we also used an actual brush made for stenciling.
Mike Norris Project
The wet stencil.
Mike Norris Project
just a handful done
Mike Norris Project
We completed this whole task in two days. They came out wonderful. Mike and the other band member, Greg, were thrilled. If i find out they have a myspace or anything i'll let you guys know so you can hear the song!

xo
Christine

2 Response to "The Mike Norris Project"

  1. Erin Says:

    That is so awesome!! I love it.

  2. Anything but Bland Says:

    looks like fun, dear! glad you had a good time! :)

    love, polly